The typical repair/restoration has the following steps:
1. Email sent to us detailing the radio make and model, condition, and
repairs needed. OR
2. Use of the
electrolytic replacement function with payment.
3. We email back for any details we require.
4. Once we have sufficient information, we send by email a ballpark
range to repair/restore your radio. At that time, we invoice from PayPal a
correct amount for the deposit needed for your radio to have the
Electrolytics replaced [ or just a deposit against services.]
5. You ship the radio to us. [ or drop it off.]
6. We log your radio as received and in queue along with the deposit
7. Sometime later, I put the radio on my workbench and
A. Replace the electrolytic capacitors (if paid for and called
B. Run sufficient tests to be able to accurately estimate the
scope of repairs needed and the cost.
8. I email you with a new revised and more accurate estimate of the
time and cost of the repair/restore. I also invoice you for 70% of the new
estimated total repair cost [ less the deposit tendered].
9. Upon receipt of the funds, work commences on your radio to
10. Upon completion, a detailed itemized work summary is prepared and
emailed to you for the final payment including estimated return shipping. [
If the estimate exceeds the actual, we will refund the difference in the
same manner as you paid]. This final request for payment is always sent by
email along with the report.
We also photo-document all stages of the work done on your radio. so
you can compare BEFORE and AFTER. These photos are sent to you at the time
the final bill is presented.
See Sample Final Bill and work Summary, along with photos that
document the work done.
Radio Repair Guy